The Interuniversity Cooperation Centre Water & Health is a cooperation of the TU Wien, the Medical University of Vienna (MedUni) and the Karl Landsteiner Private University for Health Sciences. Our activities focus on the development of innovative concepts, new physico-chemical, microbiological and biomolecular methods as well as mathematical models for water quality investigation in terms of hygiene.
Currently we are looking for an University Assistant / PraeDoc at the Research Network ICC Water and Health connected to the Institute of Hydraulic Engineering and Water Resource Managementwith the focus on forecast models and artificial intelligence in the field of safe drinking water supply. Start March 2021 (30 hours per week, over four years).
Key Performance Areas
We welcome talented and motivated researchers (m/f/d) with interests in modelling using AI methods to apply for the 4-year position. The aim of this position is to gain a doctorate from the TU WIEN. In particular, the position involves these tasks:
- Contributing to the academic research work of the group (especially with respect to forcast models using AI methods)
- Working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team and with external partners on scientific papers/publications
- Taking part at scientific conferences
- Participating in undergraduate teaching
Candidates should hold a Master (or similar) degree in Mathematics, Physics, Hydrology, Environmental Sciences or related disciplines, with an excellent speaking and writing knowledge in English. We require and welcome:
- knowledge of artificial intelligence, hydrological processes and hydraulics
- basic skills in programming (Python, R)
- working experience with modelling in the field of groundwater
- communication skills and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team with scientists, engineers, and technicians
- interesting and challenging projects
- scientific work at the highest level
- a highly motivated team of researchers of the Interuniversity Cooperation Centre Water & Health (www.waterandhealth.at) and with partners from the business and science sector.
- Continuing personal and professional education and flexible working hours
- Central location with very good accessibility (U1/U2/U4 Karlsplatz)
- A creative environment in one of the most liveable cities in the world
The ICC Water & Health bundles professional expertise and various competences in the field of water, from which members benefit in their research activities. Science is a collective endeavour and this is the spirit of the ICC Water & Health. So, team work and cooperation is essential at our Interuniversity Cooperation Centre in order to answer research questions holistically and effectively and to master challenges in the best possible way.
Entry level salary is covered by level B1 of the Austrian Collective Agreement, and receives a minimum for 30 hours per week of currently EUR 2.228,63/month gross, 14 times/year.
We look forward to receiving your application until 11.02.2021.